Welcome to: exiledclan.net   

exiledclan.net :: View topic - Need Some Help (PC Issue)
Ranks  •   Board Rules  •   Statistics  •   Log in, check messages  •   Staff  •  

Search for at
exiledclan.net Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
cliffy b's new company making an arena shooter The eXiled foxlinked 8 Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:53 pm
xeanderthal View latest post
ut4 pre alpha is available and servers are up The eXiled xeanderthal 13 Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:32 am
Skippy_Doe View latest post
date night on ut4 The eXiled xeanderthal 7 Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:03 am
and yet another arena shooter - TOXIKK The eXiled foxlinked 3 Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:11 am
I'll just leave this here... The eXiled Skippy_Doe 7 Sat May 10, 2014 1:01 am
First post of 2014! The eXiled Skippy_Doe 8 Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:40 am

Need Some Help (PC Issue)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topicReply to topicprinter-friendly view exiledclan.net Forum Index -> The eXiled
View previous topic :: View next topic
Unreal.Inc
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:14 am Post subject: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

My PC shut off on me last week and wouldnt turn back on. I pulled the little battery on the mobo out and put it back in and it fired up. Well today it did the same thing but it will not start back up. I tried a new battery nothing only thing I can think of is maybe the power supply went out. I got one on order I figured if thats not it maybe the something on the mobo went out. So any one have any ideas of what it could be?

Aim_This_Way
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:33 pm Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

If there's absolutely no power, first guess is power supply
If it turns on but nothing happens, its either CPU, RAM, or GPU
If it turns on, beeps, and gets through the system info screens but doesn't boot, RAM or Hard Drive
If it turns on, beeps, gets through the system info screens, boots into Windows, but doesn't load UT3.. then you're lucky
If it turns on, beeps, gets through the system info screens, boots into Windows, loads UT3, and you're still posting.. then you're trying to get people back onto this forum, and that would be splendid.
Unreal.Inc
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:58 am Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

Thank and its the first one no power at all power supply should come soon so im crossing my fingers.

xeanderthal
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:59 am Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

I've got a spare 910W silencer PS if you need it.  Also have a 1000 antec and 800 thermaltake spare.  just upgraded to a 1200 W Thermaltake for 470 sli.  I also have a couple o 5ths of tequila, some mobos and cpu's and maybe a spayre 470..  just saying

Aims diags were right, but mobos do die and they can look like ps issue.  

And Ivybridge looks awesome.  I'm first on the block with 22nm.  just saying.  

Last edited by xeanderthal on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:39 am; edited 2 times in total
xeanderthal
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:12 am Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

Unreal.Inc @ Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:14 pm wrote:
My PC shut off on me last week and wouldnt turn back on. I pulled the little battery on the mobo out and put it back in and it fired up. Well today it did the same thing but it will not start back up. I tried a new battery nothing only thing I can think of is maybe the power supply went out. I got one on order I figured if thats not it maybe the something on the mobo went out. So any one have any ideas of what it could be?

degunk the cpu heatsink?

Unreal.Inc
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:27 am Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

Its not very dirty ill clean it out real good today.

Aim_This_Way
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:54 pm Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

xeanderthal @ Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:59 am wrote:
I've got a spare 910W silencer PS if you need it.  Also have a 1000 antec and 800 thermaltake spare.  just upgraded to a 1200 W Thermaltake for 470 sli.  I also have a couple o 5ths of tequila, some mobos and cpu's and maybe a spayre 470..  just saying

And Ivybridge looks awesome.  I'm first on the block with 22nm.  just saying.  although i offerred seaker one and he refused.... loser

How about instead of a 22nm you get me an internship and a bed to sleep on?
Skippy_Doe
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:34 am Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

I'll just take the 22nm please and thank you :D

Unreal.Inc
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:05 am Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

well the ps should be here Monday morning I hope its not the mobo I can't get one right now. I have a spare old 4 pin mobo some place. I paid for 1 day shipping ordered it Thursday night still not co.ing till Monday shits a rip off. If I could get ut3 on this phone id be set.

Aim_This_Way
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:22 pm Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

technically monday would be right.. if you ordered it after like 4pm (sources local time) thursday evening, then it will be processed friday, shipping doesn't really happen saturday's and sunday's, so monday is next day
foxlinked
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:38 pm Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

xeanderthal @ Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:59 am wrote:

And Ivybridge looks awesome.  I'm first on the block with 22nm.  just saying.  although i offerred seaker one and he refused.... loser

how much are the ivy bridge chips gonna be?
i'll either be getting that or bulldozer if it's any good
Unreal.Inc
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:20 pm Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

Well the power supply worked it booted up still something wrong with it. The PC flickers I checked every single connection plug pins etc. it acts like somethings not plugged in all the way. I still think something is up with the motherboard but at least its running for now.

xeanderthal
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:35 am Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

Unreal.Inc @ Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:20 pm wrote:
Well the power supply worked it booted up still something wrong with it. The PC flickers I checked every single connection plug pins etc. it acts like somethings not plugged in all the way. I still think something is up with the motherboard but at least its running for now.

video card type and manufacturer, manufacture date if possible.

Unreal.Inc
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:45 am Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT the date I have no clue.

xeanderthal
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:09 am Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

Unreal.Inc @ Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:45 pm wrote:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT the date I have no clue.

maker? like EVGA/MSI/ASUS and exact model #  
Serial # from card if possible

Post new topicReply to topic Show/hide quick reply form printer-friendly view exiledclan.net Forum Index -> The eXiled Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: