Welcome to: exiledclan.net   

exiledclan.net :: View topic - Need Some Help (PC Issue)
Ranks  •   Board Rules  •   Statistics  •   Log in, check messages  •   Staff  •  

Search for at
exiledclan.net Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
VCTFMIXER.COM - OFFICIAL THREAD The eXiled seaker 18 Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:35 pm
xeanderthal View latest post
cliffy b's new company making an arena shooter The eXiled foxlinked 8 Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:53 pm
ut4 pre alpha is available and servers are up The eXiled xeanderthal 13 Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:32 am
Skippy_Doe View latest post
date night on ut4 The eXiled xeanderthal 7 Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:03 am
and yet another arena shooter - TOXIKK The eXiled foxlinked 3 Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:11 am
I'll just leave this here... The eXiled Skippy_Doe 7 Sat May 10, 2014 1:01 am

Need Some Help (PC Issue)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topicReply to topicprinter-friendly view exiledclan.net Forum Index -> The eXiled
View previous topic :: View next topic
Unreal.Inc
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:54 am Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

EVGA
S/N 706801200046

This one was very hard to see hope its right
P/N 512-P3-N801-AR

Two smaller stickers that have numbers but I don't think they mean shit I dunno if that what you needed or not let me know.

xeanderthal
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:18 pm Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

Unreal.Inc @ Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:20 pm wrote:
...still something wrong with it. The PC flickers...

Video flickers?

Unreal.Inc @ Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:54 am wrote:
EVGA S/N 706801200046
P/N 512-P3-N801-AR

Good, its a limited lifetime warranty in case its broken.  Just make sure you tell them youre the original owner.  A receipt will help but Leader prolly tossed it by now.

http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/

Warranty Length
An EVGA product contains a suffix used to identify the warranty. As an example: 130-SB-E675-KR shows -KR for the suffix. This example can be used for all EVGA part numbers when referencing the suffix.

All -KR products purchased ON or AFTER January 1st, 2011 include a 3 year limited warranty from the date of purchase. Registration is recommended. Optional Extended Warranty and Step-Up™ eligibility are offered for purchase upon product registration of a -KR part number within 30 days of the purchase date.
Products purchased ON or AFTER November 1, 2006 MUST be registered within 30 days of the ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE to receive EVGA's Free Extended Warranty. All products not registered within 30 days will ONLY receive a 1 year limited warranty. Refer to the following suffix guide to identify the length of your warranty:
Limited Lifetime: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX
Limited 5 Year: -GR
Limited 3 Year: -K1, -KR (Before 1/1/11)
Limited 2 Year: -LA, -LE, -LR, -LX, -T1, -T2, -TR, -TX
Limited 1 Year: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR
Limited 90 Day: -RX (Recertified parts)

foxlinked
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:03 pm Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

when i sent my 8800GT in they sent me back a 786mb 8800GTX

shit is a lot bigger than the GT

that was about a year or so ago though - i imagine they're out of those now. you may get a gtx 2xx or at best a gts450 i'd imagine - haven't checked what people are getting nowadays
Aim_This_Way
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:41 pm Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

idk man.. Cherries just had to send back his 8800GT and they gave him a "new" broken 8800GT
xeanderthal
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:23 pm Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

Aim_This_Way @ Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:41 pm wrote:
idk man.. Cherries just had to send back his 8800GT and they gave him a "new" broken 8800GT

and replaced that with a 250

Unreal.Inc
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:27 pm Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

The (PC) flickers like I can watch my tower all the fans and lights shut off for a second. If you bump the tower it will loose power and reboot which is what it was doing before I got the power supply. That's why I was thinking something is up with the motherboard I do not think its the vcard but never know.

LeaderX
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:56 pm Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

Does anyone think the power supply isn't sufficient? 450?

I would think that it is enough with what he told me was in the system. But without testing the rails, even on a new PS, I cannot make that call. "Flickers" to me indicates that when the PC draws a little more power, it is exceeding a limit that the computer doesn't like... it flickers, reduces the load, and goes back to running normal. So, it might be that you are drawing close to 430 -445W of power? I am just guessing.

It's that, or there is some dumb ass wire somewhere that needs to be secured (but you've said you checked all that shit). I don't know man.

Try putting the old Power supply back. See if you can get it to boot up. If it is also booting with flickering, then I'd say you've eliminated the power supply as the cause. If the old power supply will not boot at all, but the new one will boot with this flickering issue, then something is up with the power supply. It could be that you got a back replacement (it happens!!!!). Or, you are drawing too much power and 450 isn't enough (even though your old 450 worked for a while).

Again, try the old one. See what happens. Keep us posted.
xeanderthal
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:30 pm Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

Unreal.Inc @ Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:27 pm wrote:
.... If you bump the tower it will loose power and reboot which is what it was doing before I got the power supply...

450 PS is marginal (ok not big enough, but he has the same problem as with old one) but it was working for a while.

If it reacts to bumping then its most likely a connection issue.  Either a marginal connection or intermitent - vibration induced - short.  Check for any possible shorts from mobo to the chassis, like screw heads hitting a trace, edge of board touching case, etc.  You already checked for loose connections, so thats prolly not it.

Remove all non essential connections like USB devices, USB to front panel connectors/Firewire/audio connectors.  Everything.  Disconnect everything except Power Supply, Video Card, Display.  Yes disconnect mouse and Keyboard.  Everything.  Disconnect everything not needed to boot the system.  Disconnect CD, DVD, extra hard drives.  Everything.  Basically the idea is to disconnect everything not required to boot, then (if the problem goes away),  add them back in one at a time to identify the failing part.

THEN TURN THE SYSTEM ON AND DISCONNECT THE RESET/POWER BUTTON WIRES FROM THE MOBO AND BUMP IT.  This will narrow down the problem - if it still happens, what is causing it is still attached.  If not, its something you disconnected.  Either way you should be able to narrow it down to 3-4 items.

If the issue still occurs, its something on the mobo - video, ram, cpu, etc.   Remove all but one  stick of ram, try to boot.  Then try swapping vid cards...

GL.  check your mail.

Unreal.Inc
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:32 am Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

Wait what you do know who your talking to right if I take everything out it will never work again. I will give it a go this weekend when I have more time.

@babycakes yes to you message I don't know if you got my reply or not times out everytime I send a PM. (Dial up at work)

xeanderthal
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:54 am Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

no messages

FX
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:56 am Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

Unreal.Inc @ Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:27 pm wrote:
The (PC) flickers like I can watch my tower all the fans and lights shut off for a second. If you bump the tower it will loose power and reboot which is what it was doing before I got the power supply. That's why I was thinking something is up with the motherboard I do not think its the vcard but never know.

does it have to be a hard bump? with your fingers start moving connectors lightly, don't shake the whole thing, do the power and/or reset switch, I have had those go bad, look at where all the little wires (power switch/hdd leds and such) go to the mobo as well, are they all plugged in all the way? re-seat all of the plugs if you have to, unplug everything and plug it back in, I went  months before I realized I didn't plug in a mem module all the way once... o0

Unreal.Inc
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:06 am Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

It does not half to be a real hard bump done it again today I was watching it and all the fans in front went out PC still running. It was like 4 fans and the hard drive went out went in the and moved all the wires to see if they would come back on nothing had to reboot the PC. So I unplugged everything and reset all of them still flickers if you barley hit it made sure all screws are good no wires touching anything. Im lost this weekend ill strip everything down and do what xean said to do.

Aim_This_Way
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:51 pm Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

wait you're running an 8800GT, harddrive, cpu, mobo, 4+ fans, RAM, etc etc on a 450W PSU?  I wonder if it's not able to handle that much...

PSU Calculator

Have you tried inputting what you have into something like that?  I always felt it gave a fairly accurate reading as to the PSU required.. though the 8800GT isn't listed anymore, you could probably put in the 8800GTX and it'd still be in the same ballpark..
Unreal.Inc
Exiled Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:01 pm Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

Aim_This_Way @ Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:51 pm wrote:
wait you're running an 8800GT, harddrive, cpu, mobo, 4+ fans, RAM, etc etc on a 450W PSU?  I wonder if it's not able to handle that much...

PSU Calculator

Have you tried inputting what you have into something like that?  I always felt it gave a fairly accurate reading as to the PSU required.. though the 8800GT isn't listed anymore, you could probably put in the 8800GTX and it'd still be in the same ballpark..

Well its ran fine for over a year with the 450 watts so I don't think that's it.

GingerSuicide
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:48 pm Post subject: Re: Need Some Help (PC Issue) Reply with quote

Hijacking.

Hi. Love you guys.

Play UT3 and be in vent tonight, k? I'll bring drinks! <3

Post new topicReply to topic Show/hide quick reply form printer-friendly view exiledclan.net Forum Index -> The eXiled Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: